KX-100 Dispersant Paraffin & Asphaltene Removal
PRODUCT INFORMATION AND TECHNICAL DATA
Description: KX-100 Fast Acting Wax and Asphaltene Blockage Dispersant
KX-100 is a rapid acting composition designed for the removal of paraffin/asphaltene build-up and blockages. Product is designed to dissolve and disperse asphaltenes, neutral resins and paraffins in the C18-C41, range at ambient or elevated temperatures.
KX-100 will enhance the flow characteristics of sludges and heavy crudes. KX-100 will work well in cold weather conditions, maintaining activity down to -40o F. Product works well on paraffins containing free water and paraffinic emulsions.
- Dual-function solvency for Paraffins and Asphaltene under wide temperature and pressure ranges
- Reduces viscosity of heavy crude
- Compatible with most commonly used materials of construction
- Safe for use in oil field applications and the refinery process
- Non Flammable, Non-Corrosive
- Paraffin/Asphaltene clean-up for down hole, flow lines, and storage tanks
- Heavy oil flow enhancement
- Increase production for wells and pipelines
- Recover sludge deposits from Tanks
- Increases equipment life thus lowering operating costs
Mechanism for Action:
This product is designed to be a very aggressive solvent and works by the mechanisms of dissolution and dispersion.
Dissolution - The product when used in batch treatments for cleaning deposits down-hole operates by dissolving the deposits and holding them in solution. Generally this involves larger volumes with two (2) to four (4) 55 gallon drums poured down hole, followed by diesel or lease oil. Product is down-hole for 24 hours then circulated for 12 hours and then the well is allowed to pump normally removing the dissolved deposits.
Dispersion - This mechanism penetrates particles which have crystallized and suspends them in the oil preventing deposit on the surfaces of pipes, rods, tubing, etc.
It is used in batch treatments of wells, pipelines and tanks. Treatment volume is affected by the depth of the well, flow of the pipeline, and the amount of sludge deposits. It can also be used as part of a continuous injection program to continually disperse and thus inhibit future paraffin and asphaltene deposits.
|Appearance:||Light amber Liquid|
EXERCISE SAFETY PRECAUTIONS- REFER TO MSDS