SI-18 Scale Inhibitor
RODUCT INFORMATION AND TECHNICAL DATA
SI-18 - Scale Inhibitor
A high performance scale inhibitor developed to prevent both calcium carbonate and calcium sulfate salt deposits. SI-18 Scale Inhibitor is a broad spectrum, high-Calcium tolerant, water soluble scale inhibitor which has been formulated to inhibit the formation and deposition of Calcium Carbonate scale in oil field brines.
- SI-18 Scale Inhibitor is stable at temperatures up to 450oF, allowing it to be used where other products may be thermally unstable.
- SI-18 will complex with the calcium cations, impeding crystal growth and subsequent scale formation and deposition.
- Also controls barium sulfate, iron hydroxide and will disperse colloids and fine particles such as clay.
- Breaks down scale in wells and pipelines
- Stops additional scale from forming
- Increases water solubility of inorganic salts
Mechanism for Action:
The scale is inhibited by the following mechanisms.
- Solubility enhancement or threshold effect which reduces precipitation of low solubility inorganic salts.
- Crystal modification which produces crystals which do not adhere well to surfaces.
- Dispersing activity which prevents precipitated crystals or other inorganic particles from depositing on surfaces.
- Buffering effect, which minimizes precipitation of inorganic salts and limits corrosion and formation of iron oxides.
SI-18 Scale Inhibitor may be applied by continuously injecting between 25 to 100 ppm of the product down the annular space of a producing well via side stream bleeder arrangement, based on the total daily volumes of water produced. Other applications may include continuous injection into a header system upstream of a free-water knock-out or a heater treater, or upstream of a high-pressure pump in salt water disposal or injection system. Treatment rates should be optimized by closely monitoring scale deposition at control locations.
Batch treatments with SI-18 Scale Inhibitor are successful in producing wells with sufficient annular fluid to act as a chemical reservoir which will provide a slow, continuous feed of inhibitor into the produced fluids. Normally, one or two batch treatments per week are recommended for effective scale control. SI-18 Scale Inhibitor is not specifically recommended for use in formation squeeze applications due to its extended solubility.
|Specific Gravity @ 60 oF:||1.09|
|High Calcium Waters:||Soluble|
|High TDS brine:||Soluble|